Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Leaving Louisiana and entering Texas



Southern Sunset

Spent a couple of wee morning hours resting at the Texas Welcome Center after fleeing the Shreveport rest stop overlooking the Mississippi River - a rest stop I like to stay at - but an 18 wheeler was idling in the small parking lot, annoying at least but mostly so very bad for our environment.

A young womon from Nevada traveling cross-country hooked up with us, loving the truck and taking lots of pictures, and then caravanned with us to the Welcome Center across state lines. She was an amazon herself, having rode her bike from Texas to San Diego last year!!! She told us about the bicycler sofa-surfing list, where fella bikers open their homes from traveling bicyclists!

Wide open southwest – just sooooo gorgeous, so much brilliant blue sky, individual white fluffy clouds – although it stinks of mega-farmed cow shit and petroleum processing off-gases. Refineries. But other than that, gorgeous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home