Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Nite 5: Tucson to Rest Stop

I wanted us to stop at the most beautiful rest stop in Arizona close to the New Mexico border so we can hike the trails there and take in the stunning beauty and quiet peace of this part of the country but once again we don't get out of Tucson until almost 9pm - too late, too dark, too cold to stop.

We continue driving several hours until we are about 100 miles from Las Cruces, which means we can sleep in tomorrow, cook breakfast, and have a leisurely drive to arrived in Las Cruces by 3:00pm so we can banner, flyer, make our presence known in that small collegiate town, and then head to El Paso to get there for our 6:00pm teach in. Las Cruces is less than an hour from El Paso.

We pull into an almost deserted rest stop and crash for the nite. It is another dazzling black night sky with diamonds in New Mexico, although we are too cold to spend much time appreciating the expansive view.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home